Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Wall Storage

If you're following Twiddletails on our brand new Instagram feed, you've already seen this, but I thought I'd share a little bit of detail on how we put it together.

I had been wracking my brain trying to come up with a storage solution for my everyday sewing supplies in my new, quite small, sewing room/office.
As so many times before, Pinterest came to the rescue! Solution: pegboard!

Untitled
Since the standard size pegboard at Home Depot was smaller than my wall space, and I didn't want to "waste" it by covering some of the pegholes with thread storage, my sweetie came up with a solution.
We had a piece of melamine left over from another project. He cut it to fit the rest of the wall space and then put a frame around it all.

The frame is just plain old floor moulding from Home Depot. Less than $5 for 8 feet.
I painted it using a paint sample I had gotten when choosing colors for our guest bath. Since paint samples are flat and I wanted a little more "shine", I used some leftover polyurethane I found in the garage as a top coat.

It's around 3' x 4' in size.
Total cost - about $30.

3 comments: