Thursday, January 5, 2017

A Magical "Burrito" Pillowcase

I had a couple of spare minutes yesterday, as well as a couple of charity pillowcase kits from my guild, so I decided to whip up a magical "buritto" pillowcase quickly, using the very popular tutorial from the website. I hadn't made one in years, so I'd forgotten how easy it is.

Fabric for these pillowcases is donated by guild members, which unfortunately means it's usually fabric nobody wants. The ladies on the giving committee do an excellent job matching up fabrics as best they can. It's kind of like an ugly fabric challenge.

I swapped out the trim fabric for yellow from my scrap bins on this one but that's all.

The tutorial teaches you how to do French seams so there's not a raw edge in sight!
It turned out really cute and I know someone will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment