Friday, February 26, 2016

Splendid!

I've been doing a lot of sewing the last couple of weeks. And it's been so much fun!
First up, the 365 Block Challenge.
I fell way behind but am trying to catch up by making 3 blocks a day. Here's where I'm at as of today:

365 Challenge 2016
Yesterday I made a back and basted my latest Pinwheel Party quilt. I finished the top in February 2015! I chose this cute print from the Spring Street collection for the back. Today is quilting day if I don't get too distracted by all my other fun projects.
A photo posted by Anina (@twiddletails) on

30's Jane has also been coming along and I've been trying to come up with something to do with the leftover fabric.
I've been following all the lovely Splendid Sampler blocks on Instagram and this morning it dawned on me. It's a perfect project for those scraps!
Here's my first block:
Splendid Sampler
I'm planning a separate post about my vision and the trials and tribulations I've already gone through (after just one block!).
That's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. This looks great. Thanks for sharing these photos. I will be hosting a quilt party very soon and already have booked an outdoor event space. I am thinking to announce prizes for the best quilts as it really motivates people.

    ReplyDelete