Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Here we go!

It's a new year! Josh very wisely stated yesterday that a person's birthday would be a better day to make resolutions since that would actually be a new year for them. I thought that made a lot of sense. I have things I'd like to accomplish in 2008, but I wouldn't call them resolutions.

There is, of course, the diet and exercise thing. We have a trip to Hawaii planned this coming summer and I'd better get an early start.
We have quite a few home improvement plans which I've started a folder for so the planning can be organized and priorities set according to budget restraints.
I'd like to make at least one quilt a month, which should be greatly helped by the "Block & Pattern-a-Day" calendar. I think my biggest challenge with this is going to be turning patterns I wouldn't normally have used into quilts I actually like. Well, that and actually making a block/quilt a day...

This is Quilt No. 1 - Dove at my Door (January 1 - 3)

JoAnn's was open yesterday (woohoo!) and I actually got started on it. It has to be completed by tomorrow. Hmmm...

9 comments:

  1. That's stunning, I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! That sounds like a lot of work but I'm sure you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabric store open on New Years Day? That somebody who understands our needs! I can’t wait to see what fabrics you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm way behind in the quilt-along if you need some blocks to do...

    ReplyDelete
  5. so you are supposed to have that top done it 3 days? I am not understanding....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute pattern. Hopefully you just have to get the top done. Just think of the jump you will have on gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet pattern... but a quilt in three days?

    good luck!

    can't wait to see it though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks gorgeous! Well until tomorow, i mean today! For me that would take a full month ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, when I first read this yesterday, I didn't realize that they meant a quilt in 3 days. I love this pattern and can't wait to see what you do with it. Don't push it too much though.

    ReplyDelete